Scientific Achievement Awards
Deadline for nominations: Aug. 1, 2016
About the NCRG Scientific Achievement Award
The NCRG recognizes outstanding contributions to the field of research on gambling disorder with the annual NCRG Scientific Achievement Award. We invite nominations in the following categories:
- Research investigators at any stage in their career – early stage, mid-career or senior — whose research has made a significant contribution to the knowledge base about gambling disorder
- Educators who have successfully mentored young investigators in the field or have excelled at promoting public awareness and education about gambling disorder and responsible gaming
- A recent publication in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal that represents seminal work in the field
Guidelines for Submitting a Nomination
The nomination package must include the following:
- Letter of recommendation. A detailed letter of recommendation describing the worthiness of the nominee, specifying his or her contribution to the field of gambling studies, or the significance of the publication nominated.
- Curriculum vitae (CV). For individual nominees, include an up-to-date CV. For research investigators, include a comprehensive bibliography of the nominee’s publications.
- Publications. For research investigators, submit no more than five scientific publications representative of the nominee’s work. In the case of a nomination of a publication, include a copy of the published version of the article. Nominated publications must have been published in the same year or the prior year as the nomination.
Submit nomination materials in PDF format to Christine Reilly (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Aug. 1, 2016.
The selection committee, composed of distinguished scientists in the addictions field, will select the recipient of the 2016 NCRG Scientific Achievement Award. The award will be presented at the awards luncheon during the NCRG Conference on Monday, Sept. 26, 2016.
Click here to see the list of past recipients