WHAT: 17TH ANNUAL NCRG CONFERENCE ON GAMBLING AND ADDICTION
WHEN: SEPT. 25-26, 2016
WHERE: The Sands Expo and Convention Center– Level 1
WHY: The NCRG Conference on Gambling and Addiction is the premier conference on the latest research on gambling disorder and responsible gaming. It provides a unique forum where stakeholders from around the world examine real-world applications for new scientific findings. This year’s nationally-renowned speakers are pursuing innovative approaches to help people with gambling disorder and to promote responsible gaming.
The program includes:
- Eight plenary and 6 breakout sessions led by experts in the fields of addiction, mental health, gaming regulation and the gaming industry
- Sessions will explore new forms of wagering; the use of mindfulness and eHealth technology to treat gambling addiction; the need for increased screening of gambling problems; the effectiveness of gambling regulations; the impact of the Affordable Care Act; and bringing addiction treatment into the 21st century
- A poster session will feature new research on gambling disorder and responsible gaming by students and researchers from the US, Canada, South America and Europe.
- Judson Brewer, MD, PhD, internationally known expert on mindfulness and addiction
- Stacey Tovino, PhD, JD, leading specialist on health law at the William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Mark L. Willenbring, MD, internationally recognized addiction psychiatrist who is a transforming the way addiction is treated in the US
- Cynthia Moreno Tuohy, the executive director of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
- André Wilsenach, executive director of the UNLV International Center for Gaming Regulation
For additional information or for interview requests, visit www.ncrg.org/conference or contact:
Christine Reilly, Senior Research Director
firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 617.359.9904