Titled “What Clinicians Need to Know about Gambling Disorders,” the seventh volume fo the NCRG's monograph series serves as an essential training guide necessary for any clinician to recognize, understand and treat gambling disorders. It includes in-depth research summaries from:
- Nathan Smith, NCRG, on psychosocial and neurobiological factors in the development of gambling disorders
- Ken C. Winters, Ph.D., and Randy Stinchfield, Ph.D., L.P., University of Minnesota Medical School, on the latest findings on youth gambling
- Dr. Stinchfield on the available instruments for identifying and diagnosing a gambling disorder
- Jon E. Grant, M.D., J.D., M.P.H., University of Chicago, and Brian Odlaug, M.P.H., University of Chicago and University of Copenhagen on the latest treatment outcomes using psychosocial interventions
- Marc Potenza, M.D., Ph.D., on the emerging research on drug treatments for gambling disorders.