What is the prevalence rate of gambling disorders? What is the impact of increased exposure to gambling? How do gambling disorders impact public health? The third volume of the NCRG's monograph series, titled "Gambling and the Public Health, Part 1," answers these questions and more. It includes research summaries on the following topics:
- Christine Reilly, NCRG, the prevalence of gambling disorders in the U.S.
- John Welte, Ph.D., Research Institute on Addictions at University of Buffalo, on what influences youth gambling
- Rani Desai, Ph.D., Yale University and Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, on the relationships between gambling and health consequences by age groups
- Debi LaPlante, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School, on the impact of the expansion of gambling as it
- relates to increases in gambling-related problems